Check out the Main Highlights of Punjab Budget 2017-18 are given below:
- No new tax introduced in the Budget.
- Rs 1500/- crore kept for waiving of farmers loans.
- Announced to open Five New Degree Colleges in Punjab.
- Compensation of crop loss enhanced from Rs. 8,000/- to Rs 12,000/- per acre.
- Free WiFi in all 48 Government Colleges.
- Announcement to establish Skill University.
- Acid Attack victims to get financial help of Rs. 8,000/- per month
- Rs. 10 Crore announced for giving smart phones to Youth
- Punjab University grant enhanced from Rs. 26 Crore to Rs. 33 Crore
- Enhancement of amount in Ashirwaad Scheme from Rs. 15000/- to Rs. 21000/-
- Social Security & Welfare of SCs, BCs & Minorities pension raised to Rs. 750/- per month from current level of Rs. 500/- per month
- Financial Assistance to acid attack victims Rs. 8000/- per month
- Ashirwad at the time of marriage of SC/BC/Christian Girls/Widows/Divorcee and daughters of widows of any caste at time of their marriage to Rs. 21000/- from current level of Rs. 15000/-
- Earmarked total budget of Rs. 3604.65 Crore for Social Security Sector for 2017-18. An increase in 9.50% over last year
- Grant of Rs. 10 Crore to Sainik School, Kapurthala to prepare Punjabi youth for joining Armed Forces
- Grant of Rs. 1 lac to every school & college whose students qualify for joining National Defence Academy & Indian Military Academy